printf "fails" in extension

Werner Schiendl n17999950.temp.werner at neverbox.com
Tue Oct 21 05:55:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

Robert Ferrell wrote:
> Thanks for your response.  I suspected this was a Windows DLL issue,
> arising from my lack of experience with Windows, but I thought I
> should confirm that I wasn't missing something obvious.  My simplest
> solution may be to switch to Visual Studio, although it's not clear
> the customer will allow that.

If price is the matter, you can download the "Platform SDK" for free
from Microsoft's homepage - and AFAIK it contains the command line
version of the compiler + all libraries just like Visual Studio does.

IMHO it could save you some trouble to use the same compiler for Python
itself and your extensions. Also be sure to build *both* as debug or
release (that is, both the *same*) since you will otherwise end up with
2 different versions of the C runtime libraries!

hth

Werner