Can we use emPy, ReST, and/or YAML for report generation

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Oct 17 00:55:49 EDT 2003

Samir Patel wrote:

> Currently main choice to create a report in python is reportlab. It
> allows a fine control over creation of report at cost of bigger
> learning curve. Instead of reportlab, does it make sense to generate
> small reports using emPy or ReST with or without use of YAML? Are
> there any other choice to create small reports easily in python?

It's certainly quite feasible to use EmPy for this purpose -- Dinu
Gherman, for instance, used EmPy itself (along with ReportLab's
PythonPoint package) to build his EmPy presentation for EuroPython:

http://starship.python.net/crew/gherman/presentations/empy-epc2003.pdf

/  \ There are no dull subjects.  There are only dull writers.
\__/  H.L. Mencken