2.3.2 Installation Problems

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Oct 3 15:10:30 EDT 2003

    >> Hi Skip,
    >>
    >> Do you have any more output than that?  I presume the Python
    >> executable itself built okay?

    >> Yes, the Py executable is built. I can import sys, os, string
    >> etc. But fails for socket, for example (Can't import _socket - as
    >> expected).

I am in the midst of building from the 2.3.2 bzip2 file on my Mac OS X
system.  It's gone well past the point it apparently crapped out on you (in
the midst of building a large number of Mac-specific modules at the
moment).  I doubt there's anything related to the bzip2 file itself.

Had you tried 2.3.1?  The changes between 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 were very small.
If the older version built for you, I'd be real surprised to discover the
newer version didn't.

Skip