Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 9 12:55:20 EDT 2003

Pascal Costanza wrote:
> Kenny Tilton wrote:
>
>> Speaking of non-pros:
>>
>> "Lisp is easy to learn
>>
>> Lisp's syntax is simple, compact and spare. Only a handful of “rules”
>> are needed. This is why Lisp is sometimes taught as the first
>> programming language in university-level computer science courses. For
>> the composer it means that useful work can begin almost immediately,
>> before the composer understands much about the underlying mechanics of
>> Lisp or the art of programming in general. In Lisp one learns by doing
>> and experimenting, just as in music composition. "
>>
>> From: http://pinhead.music.uiuc.edu/~hkt/nm/02/lisp.html
>>
>> No studies, tho.
>

> Here they are: http://home.adelphi.edu/sbloch/class/hs/testimonials/

Oh, please:

"My point is... before I started teaching Scheme, weak students would
get overwhelmed by it all and would start a downward spiral. With
Scheme, if they just keep plugging along, weak students will have a
strong finish. And that's a great feeling for both of us!"

That kind of anecdotal crap is meaningless. We need statistics!
Preferably with lots of decimal places so we know they are accurate.

:)

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: