best GUI toolkit for python: tkinter, wxPython or what?

Orr, Steve sorr at rightnow.com
Thu Oct 30 11:57:28 EST 2003

Additionally...

Are there any good GUI RAD tools for developing database apps? (!Zope)
I'm thinking about something that will browze a database schema and
generate forms for a given table or query using SLE's, grids,
checkboxes, radio buttons, scrollbars, navigation buttons and other
controls. (Like DataWindows in PowerBuilder.) Predefined display and
navigation objects for typical database CRUD operations. Something like
master-detail grids for table joins. This would require event triggers
so that when focus on a row in the master grid changes, a query to pop
the detail grid/form would be automagic. This is common oft repeated
functionality for database apps so it's a good candidate for reusable
code. Maybe fat-client is passe but the functionality is needed. It
would also be handy to implement as 3 tier with an application server
doing connection pooling to the database server, etc.

Am I dreaming?