os.path.setmtime ?

Richard Wesley hawkfish at trustedmedianetworks.com
Mon Oct 13 15:38:12 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.67.1066071133.2192.python-list at python.org>,
 Holger Krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> wrote:

> Richard Wesley wrote:
> > I am trying to set the mod date on a file (Linux) as part of a unit test
> > run.  I can just wait one second, but that slows the test down.  A
> > better solution would be to tweak the mod date on a file, but os.path
> > does not seem to have setmtime.
> >
> > Is there any simple way to do this?
>
> it is spelled
>
>     os.utime

Thanks, that did the trick.  Saves me 2-3 seconds per test.

> in python.
>
>     os.utime(path, None)
>
> will set a/mtime to current time and
>
>     os.utime (path, (-1, newtime))
>
> will set mtime to newtime.  Note, however, that the effects and the
> actual time resolution of this call are very platform independant.

I am making relative changes under Linux, so this is pretty well
controlled.

--

- rmgw

<http://www.trustedmedianetworks.com/>

Richard Wesley                                  Trusted Media Networks, Inc.

"The professor is teaching me about 'tea'.  It's very complicated."
        - Leela in "Dr. Who: The Talons of Weng-Chiang"