Multi-platform Threading

Lane LiaBraaten lliabraa at isrparc.org
Fri Oct 17 11:35:23 EDT 2003

I am working on an app that uses the threading module and Queue.Queue(s) for
communicating between the threads.  Everything was working on Linux (Redhat
7.3) but when I tried it on WinNT 4.0 it hung at random times during thread
execution.

Sometimes I get this error and the program craches:
TclExecuteByteCode: done instruction at pc 45: stack top 19 != entry stack top
-1
TclExecuteByteCode execution failure: end stack top != start stack top

abnormal program termination

Most of the time the program can start a new thread, but the thread never
finishes what it is doing and the program hangs.

LGL