Could a single web framework popularize Python?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Tue Oct 7 08:10:26 EDT 2003

Gilles Lenfant wrote:
>> to be the most popular. Then, there's Twisted, which is (I'd say) the
>> dominant/most popular general-purpose networking framework for Python.
>
> Twisted is *not* a web publishing framework. It's a low level protocol
> framework, in the same family of packages as Medusa.
> Or I missed something :o)

Twisted comprises both lower and higher levels.  E.g., see
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/services/twisted-advantage
and I quote:

"""
Publish a Web Site

The twisted.web webserver is a scalable, small-footprint web server that's
easy to configure. It's efficient enough to serve a high-traffic website,
completely dynamic and reconfigureable on the fly, and simple enough to
configure that you can have it set up and running in just minutes after
you've downloaded it.
"""

Alex