<> and DeprecationWarning

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Oct 20 15:31:27 EDT 2003

Barry Warsaw wrote:

> Technically, I'd say they aren't because <> constructs don't generate
> deprecation warnings.

I was being semifacetious.  In my experience, usually they are used in
different ways.  Deprecation is a stricter form of obsolescence.
Obsolescent just means that the feature should no longer be used, since
it has been replaced by superior forms.  Deprecated means that an
obsolescent form has actually been marked for future removal.  A
deprecated feature can be removed, an obsolescent feature can become
deprecated.

/  \ If you're not besides me / I'll do your best / To carry on
\__/  India Arie