Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

synthespian synthespian at uol.com.br
Sat Oct 4 03:52:55 EDT 2003

Mark Brady wrote:

> Pythonistas who love functional programming may prefer Scheme to
> Common Lisp while Pythonistas who want a standard amazing object
> system and loads of built in power in their language may prefer Common
> Lisp.

(snip)
> Regards,
> Mark.
>
> Ps. If anyone spots a mistake in this mail please correct me, it will
> have been an honest one and not an attempt to slander your favourite
> language and I will be glad to be corrected, in other words there is
> no need to flame me :)

I would just say that CLOS (Common Lisp Object System) is not "standard"
in the sense people take OOP to be nowadays, but able to encompass and
go beyond the JAVA, C++, Python, etc, paradigm. This fact was
demonstrated briefly on Paul Graham's ANSI Common LISP book, and
elsewhere, and it's basically a satori.

Henry