Overwriting / reassigning instance / garbage collection?

Werner Schiendl ws-news at gmx.at
Fri Oct 31 06:00:59 EST 2003

Hi,

Ken Godee wrote:

> Well, heck, now that I'm thinking about it again, I'm not sure
> how well the function that's puttting the messages into the queue
> is going to like it if I try the recreate instance method, argggg.....
> Might just have to use the while method anyway. Maybe pause sending
> messages in some form while the queue empties.

The only thing you need to pay attention too is that both ends use the
same variable to access the queue.

If you were to pass the queue as a parameter, your sender would continue
to write to the old one after you replaced it.

This is probably a case where a global variable is appropriate.

hth

Werner