Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 9 14:51:39 EDT 2003

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

> Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> writes:
>

>>One popular macro is WITH-OUTPUT-TO-FILE. My budding RoboCup starter kit
>>was a vital WITH-STD-ATTEMPT macro. Oh god, no! I need to see the ANSI
>>Lisp commands for these things so I can really understand them. Better
>>yet...
>>
>>why not the disassembly?
>

> Fortunately for insane, paranoid programmers like Kenny who don't read
> docstrings, and refuse to believe that others' libraries might work
> correctly, Lisp is quite accomidating.  You want to see what a macro
> call expands to?  Hey, I think we have tools for just that problem.
> Disassembly?  Now I could be mistaken, but I remember it being far
> easier than in most languages ... oh yeah, DISASSEMBLE.  Wow, I didn't
> have to dig through a whole object file, or anything!

<rofl> yer right! Lisp is sick. I am going to go disassemble DOTIMES
right now, find out once and for all what those plotters over at Franz
are up to.

kenny

ps. Arnold is your governor, Arnold is your governor, nyeah, nyeah, nya,
nyeah, nyeah.

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: