Unittest - How do I code lots of simple tests

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Oct 22 09:04:02 EDT 2003

Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> writes:
[...]
> You still can't name tests this way.  I've tried to name tests, but
> unittest.main won't pay attention to my names.  unittest is not
> written with subclassing in mind, except for the limited subclassing
[...]

When I looked at it, it certainly seemed that just about everything
*except* unittest.main was designed for subclassing.  Just regard
unittest.main as a convenience function or example code -- that's all
it's indended as, IIRC.

Having said that, that didn't stop me writing a hack to abuse
unittest.main, instead of bothering to figure out what and how to
subclass to do what I wanted.

John