Expat current line/column number

Nicolas Fleury nid_oizo at yahoo.com_remove_the_
Wed Oct 15 15:09:45 EDT 2003

Alan Kennedy wrote:
> [Nicolas Fleury]
>
>>This is exactly what I mean.  Unfortunately, I've use the parser in
>>xml.parsers.expat and not xml.sax, and it seems that parser only
>>provides line and column numbers for its own exceptions.
>

> Ah. I think this solves the problem.
> (...)
>
> Not quite as clean though, because of the requirement to declare
> 'parser' as a global. To get rid of the 'global' declaration, you
> could always wrap up your handlers in a class, and set the parser as
> an attribute of each instance.

Yes, it seems expat reset line and column numbers when leaving parsing
function.  It is a little bit limiting, since like you said, the handler
must know the parser.  In my case it's not that bad; since I only use
startElement and endElement, I will only need to add try blocks in these
two functions.  Thx for your help.

Regards,

Nicolas Fleury