Code block literals

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Wed Oct 8 18:09:43 EDT 2003

Dave Benjamin <dave at 3dex.com> wrote previously:
|return { |x, y|
|     print x
|     print y
|}
|It's unambiguous because no dictionary literal would ever start with
|'{|', it looks almost identical to a certain other language <g>

Btw. I think Dave is thinking of Ruby as that "certain other language."
But Clipper/xBase used the same syntax for the same thing before Ruby
was a glimmer in Matz' eye.  I'm not sure if that's where he got it
though... it might be from somewhere older I don't know about.

Yours, Lulu...

--
---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Echelon North Korea Nazi cracking spy smuggle Columbia fissionable Stego