closed source

Milos Prudek me at me.cz
Thu Oct 23 07:13:59 EDT 2003

> Groups.google.com is quite capable.  Use "comp.lang.python" in
> the search, or use the more flexible Advanced Search page.

Indeed. I'm stupid. Sorry.

> As has been noted in the past, it's not that much harder.  Most useful
> software is cracked within days of its release, or even earlier.  I

I think I agree with you in principle (finally). Crack can often be
achieved without decompile...

> Trust me, this German CAD package (Eagle) does not have a very large
> market compared to things like Dreamweaver.

In my specific case I know for sure that there is a shareware program
written in Visual Basic with this kind of protection, and a crack has
never been created. Purportedly because no decompiler for recent VB
compilers is in the wild...

--
Milos Prudek