Webware vs. PHP - performance comparision!!!

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Oct 6 22:48:53 EDT 2003

On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 03:10 PM, JZ wrote:
> I compared mod_php with mod_webware although the second one is
> executed through socket 8086. But mod_webkit adapter is the fastest
> way for Webware. It is faster than mod_python.

Webware's mod_webkit is faster than Webware's ModPythonAdapter -- but
in both cases your servlets are executed in the Webware process.

If you write mod_python code (i.e., don't use servlets) then the
performance may be better.  There won't be the overhead of Apache
connecting to a separate process, as you have with Webware.

To run code in the Apache process using mod_python you either have to
code for mod_python directly (per the documentation on modpython.org),
or you have to use a framework that specifically supports it (like
Spyce).  I discouraged use of ModPythonAdapter in the Webware
documentation because it's confusing -- it doesn't utilize mod_python
in any interesting way.