[pyqt] Can't show QString textLabel in windows 98 GUI program

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 12 16:25:47 EDT 2003

ulysses:

> I mean this program can show textlabel,capion in Win2000,winxp.
> Because I use __tr() to translate multilanguage.
> qApp.translate("Form",s,c) return a QString Object. it's a unicode codec.
> I can't show it in Windows 98. Anyone can help me. I crazy for it.

   Unicode support on Windows 98 often requires more effort than on the
Windows NT family which uses Unicode as the native string type. Have a look
at using the Microsoft Layer for Unicode (MSLU). I do not know if QT is
compatible with MSLU.

   MSLU:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mslu/winprog/microsoft_layer_for_unicode_on_windows_95_98_me_systems.asp

   Neil