XML-RPC, SOAP, and data persistence

Mark Carter cartermark46 at ukmail.com
Wed Oct 15 05:24:56 EDT 2003

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> wrote in message
> No, SOAP doesn't address persistence any more than XML-RPC does; both
> implement remote procedure calls with more or fewer bells and whistles. SOAP
> has the additional disadvantage that the spec is very complicated, making it
> hard for Python implementations to be up-to-date.

Thanks. I once saw a thick book on XML at the office, but soon put it
back as there was an aweful lot to it. But looking at XML-RPC, I saw
how easy it was to implement RPCs. It's so fuss-free and generic that
its difficult to imagine wanting to use any other mechanism.

Kinda makes you wonder what the whole point of .Net is.

The above comments are, of course, off-the-cuff remarks.