Programming in Python

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Thu Oct 30 17:40:07 EST 2003

Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'd like to know what you people from Linux world use to program in
>Python. I'm new to Python and I don't know if [X]Emacs is the One Editor
>for Python (also!) or if there is a nice IDE to program in Python.
>
>Best regards,

Oh no! This could cause an editor war and general flame fest! ;-)

Use whatever you are most comfortable with. (X)emacs and vim both have
excellent Python support. The Python Wiki lists lots of others:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonEditors

Me? I use vim ... or emacs ... or Wing IDE ... or jedit. But mostly vim.
Wing IDE works well for me when I need to actually debug an application.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
w: http://www.pollenation.net