Python for Asset Management!

Mike mike_4766 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 18 04:11:13 EDT 2003

thank you all for the replies, very useful!

Our system will primary handle file assets and disk tracking...it will
all be command line at first, then different UI's will be designed...

We already have most of the system written in c/c++, this is okey but
I want to add platform independance and I like the way python handles
different libraries, and its opensource!

So why dont we buy some commercial software? well, we want 100% access
to the source, and we also want to add modules to the system for each
new project.

I will take a look at links and information you all provided, really
useful! Advice on how to setup a system like this is also welcome,
should I use a  server/client solution, or just clients accessing the
backbone(db) directly? all of your feedback is interesting, user
experience is unvaluable!

thanks!

-- Mike