interpreter

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Oct 7 20:21:21 EDT 2003

"Brad Clements" <bkc at Murkworks.com> writes:

> If your laptop has a pcmcia slot, you could borrow an ethernet card and
> download the full python from the internet. If you only have a parallel
> port, you can use Microsoft peer-to-peer using a "loopback" parallel cable
> to copy directly between two PCs
>
> There's always a way to avoid floppies :-)

Hah, he should think himself lucky.  A few years ago I had an old 486
laptop with only a serial port, and a weird BIOS setup that would
refuse to boot with anything but a DOS MBR (which I discovered by
experiment ;-)...

My solution was to remove the hard disk, stick in another laptop, and
copy stuff across using the other laptop's network card & CDROM drive.
You can get a cheap adapter to put a laptop drive in a desktop, if you
don't have access to another laptop.

John