Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Oct 12 22:46:45 EDT 2003

Pascal Costanza wrote:

> Many programming languages require you to build a model upfront, on
> paper or at least in your head, and then write it down as source code.
> This is especially one of the downsides of OOP - you need to build a
> class hierarchy very early on without actually knowing if it is going to
> work in the long run.

Whoa! The MOP and CLOS went to a lot of trouble to create an OOP for
Lisp that lived up to the Lisp heritage of figuring things out as we go.
I am forever refactoring class hierarchies, dragging slots from here to
there, adding some, erasing others, changing initforms and inheritance.
Best of all I can do all this for a couple of hours after landing in a
backtrace and then simply pick an appropriate stack frame from which to
restart and all the existing instances adjust themselves on the fly.

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: