Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Thant Tessman thant at acm.org
Tue Oct 14 12:04:52 EDT 2003

Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> [...] Actually, I think that any anonymous function syntax is undesirable. I
> think code is inerently more readable when functions are named,
> preferably in a descriptive fashion. [...]

Before the invention of higher-level languages like Fortran, the
programmer was burdened with the task of naming every intermediate value
in the calculation of an expression. A programmer accustomed to the
functional style finds the need in non-FP languages to name every
function analogously awkward.

-thant

--
America goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is
the well-wisher of the freedom and independence of all. She is