Python from Wise Guy's Viewpoint

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Mon Oct 27 12:34:28 EST 2003

Pascal Costanza <costanza at web.de> writes:

>Do you have a reference for extensible record types. Google comes up,
>among other things, with Modula-3, and I am pretty sure that's not what
>you mean.

The following are at least a bit closer to what is meant:

[1]	Mark P Jones and Simon Peyton Jones. Lightweight Extensible
	Records for Haskell. In Haskell Workshop, Paris, September 1999.
	<http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/jones99lightweight.html>

[2]	B. R. Gaster and M. P. Jones. A polymorphic type
	system for extensible records and variants. Technical
	report NOTTCS-TR-96-3, Department of Computer Science,
	University of Nottingham, UK, 1996. Available from URL
	<http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/Department/Staff/~mpj/polyrec.html>.
	<http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/gaster96polymorphic.html>.