Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Ray Blaak rAYblaaK at STRIPCAPStelus.net
Fri Oct 17 12:52:59 EDT 2003

mertz at gnosis.cx (David Mertz) writes:
> |a function NEEDS a name in order to call itself recursively
>
> Nope.  That's the point of the Y combinator; you don't need a name to do
> this (just first class anonymous functions).

Actually you do need a name. The Y combinator is just a way to give a name to
the anonymous function, where the name is a parameter name. It is only with
that name that the recursive invocation is done.

--
Cheers,                                        The Rhythm is around me,
                                               The Rhythm has control.