Is there a good JDO analog in the Python world?

Dave Benjamin ramen at lackingtalent.com
Thu Oct 9 12:58:52 EDT 2003

In article <3F856325.CDCBCFA5 at engcorp.com>, Peter Hansen wrote:
> Joshua wrote:
>>
>> Hello, Im looking to move some Java projects to Python and am curious
>> as to the best JDO/OJB -style object persistence mechanism.
>
> Is that anything like PyDO or PDO (about which there was very recently
> a post)?  (Google can help you there...)

I was just looking at PDO yesterday because I saw the release announcement,
and though it looks like a fairly decent database wrapper API, I really
don't think it serves the same purpose (semitransparent o/r mapping) that
JDO claims to serve...

Dave

--
.:[ dave benjamin (ramenboy) -:- www.ramenfest.com -:- www.3dex.com ]:.
: d r i n k i n g   l i f e   o u t   o f   t h e   c o n t a i n e r :