programming languages (etc) "web popularity" fun

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Oct 31 08:36:59 EST 2003

In article <HJrob.386734$R32.12803775 at news2.tin.it>,
Alex Martelli  <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
			.
>So, I think the top ten places, in order, for actual languages, are really:
>        java
>           c (not objective/c++/c#)
>       basic (not visual)
>         php
>         c++
>        perl
>  javascript
>visual basic
>      python
>      scheme
>
>not too surprising, I guess.  One could explore a bit more of course
			.
			.
			.
>googling sure _IS_ plenty of fun!!!-)
>

>Alex

It's easy to imagine sources of noise for these data, including
such English-language commonplaces as "go forth" you already
mentioned.  A next step might be to try to refine the queries
to eliminate classes of noise.  The one that most catches my at-
tention is PHP; I've got to think that a lot of those are pages
that use PHP, rather than discuss it.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net