In need of c.l.p.discussion

David M. Cook davecook at nowhere.net
Fri Oct 17 02:19:14 EDT 2003

In article <oprw5ly6qkvaald2 at news.c2i.net>, Rune Steffensen wrote:

> I've been lurking c.l.p for a while now, and find the amount of messages
> a bit annoying.

I don't see the need.  Most posts here are on topic.  You just need the
discipline to ignore threads once they start to drift, or to hit "mark all
read" (slrn uses the 'c' key which stands for "catch up", I believe) now and
then.

> To solve this, I suggest the creation of the new group
> "comp.lang.pyhon.discussions".
> So when people post questions to c.l.p, they will get all the (more or
> less) helpfull answers there, but as soon as a discussion arise over an
> issue, one can Xfut to c.l.p.d.

It simply wouldn't happen.  Some people would not know how to do this,
some would forget, and some wouldn't bother.  And where is the dividing line?

Dave Cook