wxPython - wxSashWindow/wxSashLayoutWindow

Tom Lee tl_nntp at webcrumb.com
Sun Oct 12 15:52:46 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Been fooling around with wxPython, run into a bit of a brick wall due to
a lack of documentation:

Can anybody explain to me the correct usage of wxSashLayoutWindow? I've
been trying to use it alongside sizers with no joy (sizers force
adjusted sashes to be snapped back to their original location) for
layout out a window with three child controls:
two to the left, each taking up about 50% of the vertical space
available and about 25% of the horizontal space available, and a main
window to the right, with 75% of the horizontal space taken up.

I want the two on the left to be adjustable horizontally via the
wxSashLayoutWindow/wxSashWindow, but can't because of the problem I
mentioned before.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Will I have to abandon using sizers
for layout? If so, what should I use instead?

Kind regards,
Tom L