*-unpacking

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Sat Oct 4 13:19:38 EDT 2003

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote previously:
|If you have no grounds to claim I made a mistake, then please don't
|(and apologize if you think you have done so in error).

Well, OK... if you want to get hung up on hermeneutics, the sequence
was:

 (0) Greg used the example of command-line processing to argue for the
     addition of 'car,*cdr=thelist' to Python (which Alex and I both
     like too).

 (1) I made the claim (well-known to Alex, but perhaps not to newbies
     who might be reading) that reverse-with-many-pops is (much) faster
     than many-pops-from-left.

 (2) Alex wrote:  "No, you're wrong", and posted a comparison of one
     reverse with one left pop.

 (3) I observed that such was the wrong issue.  I don't think I
     insinuated it was a -morally- wrong issue, just not the one I
     was interested in.

 (4) Alex seemed WAY oversensitive about said observation.

 (5) I suggested, in a concilliatory mood, that we not get hung up on
     he-said/she-said (hermeneutics).

 (6) Alex demands an apology.

 (7) I post this chronology.

Hopefully, the next part is (8) Alex chills out.

All the best, David...

--
 mertz@   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:_/_/_/_/ v i
gnosis  _/_/                    Postmodern Enterprises         _/_/  s r