On PEP 322 (ireverse)

Gonçalo Rodrigues op73418 at mail.telepac.pt
Wed Oct 29 06:09:14 EST 2003

I've lost the original thread on my news reader so I'm opening a new
one.

First, i like the name ireverse, much better then inreverse (eek!).

Just a simple comment/question:

- Why a builtin function? Why not just stuff it in the itertools
module? The builtins is already fat as it is, making it fatter is not
the way to go, IMHO. I'd like to remeber the copy module as a case
where a fundamental protocol (__copy__ and __deepcop__) is not in the
builtins but in a standard module.

If it were to be put in itertools i'm definitely +1. On the builtins
-0 and lowering...

With my best regards,
G. Rodrigues