approx 100 assorted computer/ math/other books

rzed Dick.Zantow at lexisnexis.com
Tue Oct 21 10:22:33 EDT 2003

David Rubin wrote:
> tnrABC at canadawired.com wrote:
>
> [snip - list of assorted computer/math/other books]
>
> I'm not familiar with the assort. Can you explain the algorithm?

Properly speaking, this is the "as sort" -- that is, sorted as you
would like it to be. The arguments most implementations accept are
"if", "is", or <something else>.

The "as is" sort is the most time-efficient, but boring, variation

The "as if" sort is the most fantastic, but in some of the newer
implementations it produces no usable results apart from denial that
any actual action is necessary.

The "as something else" sort is more complex and its exact effect
depends on the something specified. For example: an "as telephone
numbers" sort will substitute the digits from a telephone keypad for
letters in the text and sort accordingly. See the manual for more
information.

Hope that helps.

--
rzed