Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Rayiner Hashem gtg990h at mail.gatech.edu
Sat Oct 4 08:45:45 EDT 2003

> Object system           no              yes
To be fair, most Scheme implementations come with one, and you can always
download an external one if you want.

> Macro system            syntax-rules    defmacro
Again, depends on the implementation. Gambit offers CL-style macros too.

> Performance             "worse"         "better"
Depends on the implementation. Bigloo did a bit better on the Great Computer
Language Shootout than did CMUCL, though, there were complaints that the
CL-code was sub-par. In the few small benchmarks I've tried on my machine,
Bigloo is pretty competitive with CMUCL.