[pyqt] Can't show QString textLabel in windows 98 GUI program

ulysses ulysses_dm at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Oct 14 07:38:57 EDT 2003

"Neil Hodgson" <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:<fwFib.149350$bo1.88917 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> ulysses:
> > Qt don't use MFC or comctrl . I download it .But I still failure.
>
>    Best information I can find:
> http://www.trolltech.com/developer/platforms/windows98.html
>
>    Neil

Thank you. I get following message.
Platform Notes - Windows 98 and Me
As for Windows NT, with the following exceptions:

Unicode support:
since Windows 98 does not implement much Unicode, Qt's Unicode support
on Windows 98 is lacking. Note that Qt attempts to hide these
differences - application programs can see that the fonts available
are rather incomplete, but there is generally no need for programs to
care. With other toolkits such as MFC, you often need to recompile.
With Qt, your programs detect and use the capabilities of the Windows
version they run on, that's all.

OMG. That's suck. When my software finished. I find this problem.
Because I develope it in Win2000.
Anyway I have to forget Win98. :(