General question on compiling COM with PY2EXE

Marc mnations at airmail.net
Thu Oct 16 12:43:27 EDT 2003

Hello,

In trying to figure this out, I managed to confuse myself a bit more.
This is my first experience with COM, and I've only learned enough of
it to control an excel spreadsheet. So I don't really know that much
about it.

But could someone answer this question for me. In using PY2EXE to
compile, can I compile it in the normal way as you would anything
else, or do I have to write special wrappers and classes to get it to
work.

I've looked at the examples with PY2EXE. Some of them require special
types of compiles to establish it as a server of different sorts. But
I don't know if simply manipulating an excel spreadsheet falls into a
special category.

I do know that different versions of WIN32ALL and PY2 may be
incompatible, and I am working to resolve those differences. But even
before I get to that point I need to know if I'm going about this the
correct way.

If anyone has ever got this to work I would really appreciate hearing
from them.

Thanks ahead of time,
Marc