Why don't people like lisp?

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Oct 19 00:14:39 EDT 2003

Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:

> And it often involved asking questions, whose answers were already known.

Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! i did that when I asked someone about using
symbols as initargs instead of keywords on defstructs, when of course
defstruct creates the initargs without offering any overrides, so I knew
the answer: "um, no, those are keywords".

But then I felt my subterfuge would be obvious and it would be
understood to be a  clever way to point out that there was a standard
practice the symbol initarg crowd was corrupting in order to calm their
package paranoia (induced by package abuse (necessitated by bad naming)).

kenny "the sophist"

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: