Python is not [yet] Considered Harmful

Darius ddarius at hotpop.com
Mon Oct 27 02:33:32 EST 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:56:19 -0800 (PST)
mike420 at ziplip.com wrote:

> map(lambda f: f(1), [lambda x: x + 1 for i in range(3)])
>
> Oh, OK, it was a typo (1 instead of i). I take it all back (for now).
>
> It was an honest mistake, not a troll! Still, I think it should
> be [1, 2, 3] instead of [3, 3, 3]

A honest mistake would be a post to c.l.python saying,
"map(lambda f: f(1), [lambda x: x + 1 for i in range(3)]) returns
[2,2,2] rather than [1,2,3] like I'd expect, what's going on here?"

I really don't know which community you are trying to injure more:
Haskell or Python.

At any rate, either you are a troll and none of the involved want you
here, or you aren't and you should cease posting for a few months
so you stop looking like one.