Why don't people like lisp?

Hans Nowak hans at zephyrfalcon.org
Thu Oct 16 15:28:30 EDT 2003

larry wrote:

> "Francis Avila" <francisgavila at yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>UD: things
>>Gxyz: x is baked at y degrees for z minutes.
>>Hx: x is a cake.
>>Ix: x is batter.
>>
>>For all x, ( (Ix & Gx(350)(45)) > Hx )
>>
>>(i.e. "Everything that's a batter and put into a 350 degree oven for 45
>>minutes is a cake")
>>
>>...instead of...
>>
>>1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
>>2. Place batter in oven.
>>3. Bake 45 minutes
>>4. Remove cake from oven.
>>
>>(i.e. "To make a cake, bake batter in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes")

This is a great opportunity to turn this into a thread where people swap yummy
recipes. :-)  In any case, that's more constructive that all that "language X
is better than language Y" drivel.  And it tastes better too. :-)  So I start
off with my mom's potato salad:

Ingredients:
potatoes (2 kilos)
meat (1 pound; this should be the kind of beef that comes in little threads)
little silver onions
small pickles
pepper, salt, mayonnaise, mustard

Boil potatoes.  Cut meat, potatoes, onions and pickles in little pieces, and
mix everything.  Add pepper, salt.  Mix with mayonnaise.  Add a tiny bit of
mustard.  Put in freezer for one day.

There are many variants of this; some people add apple, vegetables, etc.

So, what is YOUR favorite recipe?  (Parentheses soup doesn't count.)

Hungrily y'rs,

--
Hans (hans at zephyrfalcon.org)
http://zephyrfalcon.org/