Express What, not How.

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at junk.mail.me.not.mac.com
Fri Oct 31 23:27:42 EST 2003

In article <877k30ishg.wl at strelka.synthcode.com>,
 Alex Shinn <foof at synthcode.com> wrote:

> If you are seriously arguing against the use of HOFs in
> general then I think you have a lot to learn.

No, I'm not arguing against HOFs in general. I'm arguing against the
repeated use of the _same_ anonymous function throughout code. These
should clearly be named funtions instead.

But I've apparently touched a nerve, because so many FPers seem to
equate eschewing repetition of the same anonymous functional idoim in
numerous places throughout ones code, with an attack on HOF use itself.