Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Oct 8 19:51:51 EDT 2003

Edi Weitz wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:05:28 GMT, Dave Benjamin <dave at 3dex.com> wrote:
>

>>Python Myth:  Python's only problem is the whitespace thing.
>>Reality:  Python's only problem is that it is not Common Lisp.
>>
>>How about that?
>

> A good one... :)

I think Python's problem is its success. Whenever something is
succesful, the first thing people want is more features. Hell, that is
how you know it is a success. The BDFL still talks about simplicity, but
that is history. GvR, IMHO, should chased wish-listers away with "use
Lisp" and kept his gem small and simple.

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: