[Q] ctypes callbacks with Delphi

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Sat Oct 18 17:17:41 EDT 2003

achrist at easystreet.com wrote:

> I'm aving some trouble getting callbacks from a Delphi DLL back to
> python working through ctypes.
>
>  ... see previous message for details

Same problem persists if I try using cdecl convention throughout.

I've tried not returning a value from the python callback (this gives a
python message about illegal access at 00000FEB) and I've
tried ignoring the value returned to the Delphi DLL (still gives
illegal write of address 00000000 or 00000001.)  No success.

I see that there are some updates to the C source for ctypes that
are just a little bit newer than the version 0.6.2a that I am using.
I rebuilt _ctypes.pyd from the CVS snapshot of yesterday, but that
still gives the same problem.

Any ideas about this?

TIA,

Al