Express What, not How.

Hartmann Schaffer hs at heaven.nirvananet
Wed Oct 15 23:40:02 EDT 2003

In article <raffaelcavallaro-30C16C.09424315102003 at netnews.attbi.com>,
	Raffael Cavallaro <raffaelcavallaro at junk.mail.me.not.mac.com> writes:
> To use the example that started this sub-thread, when I'm reading that a
> list or a vector has an offset added to each element, I don't need to
> know that the add-offset functionality is implemented by means of map.

could this be the source of of the disagreement?  it seems to me that
most people see his somewhat differently:  map is an abstraction that
specifies that you want to apply a certain operation to each element
of a collection, with adding the offset being the desired operation.
frankly, i have some problems making sense of what you are trying to
say here

hs

--

ceterum censeo SCO esse delendam