Why don't people like lisp?

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Tue Oct 21 04:34:27 EDT 2003

tfb at famine.OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Thomas F. Burdick) writes:

> Raymond Wiker <Raymond.Wiker at fast.no> writes:
>
>> danbmil99 at yahoo.com (dan) writes:
>>
>> > Did you know that Anatole France had one of the smallest brains on
>> > record?
>
> Oh *hell* no.  Phrenetics?!?!  That pretty much disqualifies anyone
> within two degrees of you from being taken seriously.
>
>>         Jesus. Are you bragging about using a non-editor on a non-OS?
>
> This fool was talking about nonsense that's been discredited for 80
> years, and 20 years in the popular press (cf. The Mismeasure of Man).
> I wouldn't be surprised if it was bragging that 2 + 2 = -17.

        Maybe we should all chip in and book him a session at a good
retrophrenologist's?[1]

Footnotes:
[1]  See
     http://shorty.wz.cz/download/pratchett_orig/15men_at_arms.htm#_ftn15[2]

[2]  Better yet, but the book.

Raymond Wiker                        Mail:  Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Senior Software Engineer             Web:   http://www.fast.no/
Fast Search & Transfer ASA           Phone: +47 23 01 11 60
P.O. Box 1677 Vika                   Fax:   +47 35 54 87 99
NO-0120 Oslo, NORWAY                 Mob:   +47 48 01 11 60

Try FAST Search: http://alltheweb.com/