Python is Considered Harmful

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Tue Oct 28 09:46:54 EST 2003

Justin Pearson wrote:

> Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> writes:
>

>> Do you mean, implicitly using base 13?  I know of no programming
>> language that lets you set the number base to be used for literals
> Forth.
>> (except presumably ones with particularly 'powerful' macros...?-)
>

>> and I hope I never have to contend with one.
>>
> You might be lucky :-).

Actually, I did work in Forth (it was the in-ROM language of a
neat computer I once bought, called "Jupiter ACE"; and also of a
special-purpose image processing PC card I once used at work),
but never came across that "feature" (assuming those dialects of
Forth in those ROMs supported it, that is).  Guess I was lucky
that in those special cases I wasn't sharing code w/others:-).

Alex