closed source

Greg Brunet gregbrunet at NOSPAMsempersoft.com
Thu Oct 23 16:47:43 EDT 2003

FWIW:

Without rehashing all of the other points constantly made on this topic:
I tried to use decompyle on some of my programs to see what it would
produce, but the current version does not seem to work on Windows, and
doesn't decompyle Python 2.3 in any case.  I'm sure that this will be
corrected in time, but for the time being, your code may be a little
'safer' than normal.

One other comment on the subject of VB decompilers (in one of your
decompiling .NET code (of any language source) is something that has
caused a number of code obfuscators to become available to 'protect' the
'compiled' code (sometimes referred to as MSIL).

--
Greg

news:bn60l5$tjubr$1 at ID-205031.news.uni-berlin.de...