Installation of Python 2.3 on Windows 95

dewatf dewatf at nothotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 01:09:58 EDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:30:01 +0200, Thomas Heller <theller at python.net>
wrote:

>It seems that either some MS dlls are not present, or not up to date.

Things appear to be in the right places, they just don't appear to be
registered so they are found.

>I suggest you install a recent Internet Explorer (or MS Office) to bring
>the system into a newer state

No there's the rub. Microsoft has expunged the old versions of IE and IE
6.0 won't run under Windows 95, part of their planned obsolesance
strategy. And forget about paying for for a new copy of Office, my old
copy of Excel works fine.

I'll just nake do with writing python scripts in Vim till this computer
falls over and needs a total replacement. Being a Pentium I it doesn't
owe me anything :)

       dewatf.