Is it any good?

Paul Gardella pgardell at bbn.com
Mon Oct 27 17:07:54 EST 2003

Never used Deitel & Deitel's Python book, but I used their Java book and found it to be great for someone just learning the language for the first time, especially for someone who doesn't have a lot of programming experience.

There was a similar thread on this list a couple weeks ago, so you might want to check the archives.

By the way, I learned Python from "Core Python Programming", by Wesley Chun, Prentice Hall PTR, 2001.  I thought it was great, though it's getting a bit dated now...only covers through Python 2.0 (now up to 2.3.2).

Paul Gardella