RELEASED Python 2.3.2 (final)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Oct 3 08:07:53 EDT 2003

"Michael Geary" <Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com> writes:

> Anthony Baxter wrote:
> > On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
> > happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.2 (final).
>
> Cool!
>
> There's a question I don't see answered in the release notes: On Windows,
> what's the recommended procedure for upgrading from 2.3 or 2.3.1 to 2.3.2?
> Should I uninstall the old version first, or just install the new one right
> on top of it?

Pass (Windows?  What's that? :-)

> What about other packages like win32all and ctypes? Uninstall them
> and reinstall after upgrading Python, or leave them alone?

In general, there should be binary compatibility between versions
A.B.C and A.B.D, so they *should* be fine.  Once again, there may be
some windows specific details that make a difference, but I don't
think so.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Every day I send overnight packages filled with rabid weasels to
  people who use frames for no good reason.