inner classes in python as inner classes in Java

Carlo v. Dango oest at soetu.eu
Wed Oct 15 14:34:01 EDT 2003

>  Do you TRULY want to delegate all
> attribute settings, performed on an instance of the innerclass, to the
> corresponding 'outer' -- _except_ self.outer?

No, what a strange idea ;-) All attributes not found in the class should
be forwarded to it's outer instance (as I want to simulate that the inner
class instance is within the scope of its outer class instance.

> tabs (your post was indented with tabs thus unreadable with such
> newsreaders as KDE's KNode, Outlook Express, et al: please do
> NOT post code indented with tabs, thanks).

why is that? has TAB-technology not reached linux yet? :) I try to
remember it, I just prefer tabs over spaces..

> class B, but, in any case, this is how to do this kind of
> automatic delegation in Python.

actually its forwarding or consultation, as self is re-bound when you
invoke the outer..

<- carlo ->